Last Updated: May 2018
Data Protection – Privacy and Security
We have structured our website so that, in general you can visit us and obtain information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be sure that it will only be used in accordance within the data protection laws.
Namco has reasonable security measures in place to protect the services it provides, but it cannot be responsible for the security of information in transit. However, communicating with Namco by e-mail is not necessarily secure from interception and is subject to all of the risks of electronic communication. Namco does not guarantee the security or confidentiality of transmissions. Namco reserves the right to update or otherwise alter its security practices whenever considered necessary.
Customers signing up for our newsletter will be sent emails automatically. This newsletter will include news, views and information. It will also have offers for you to take advantage of. You can unsubscribe from these newsletters at any time by clicking unsubscribe on the letter. We do not share your electronic information with any 3rd party. From time to time, if we thought it was of specific interest to you, we would include it on our own newsletters.
Site content & design copyright NAMCO UK LIMITED.
This website is owned and operated by NAMCO UK LIMITED (“We/our/us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We have structured this website so that, in general you can visit us and obtain information. When you provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be sure that it will only be processed in accordance with data protection laws and as set out in this policy.
Separate terms and conditions apply to online bowling bookings and the terms under which we process any data you provide when using our online booking service are set out in the conditions of online booking within that section of the website.
Collection of personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide directly by filling in forms on [www.namcofunscape-londonevents.co.uk] (our site). This includes information provided when you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter service, request information, further services, or when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses of information
We only collect, store and use your information if you have consented to it or, to the extent that it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our business.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests and providing customer service
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- With your consent or at your direction
Security and Storage of your personal data
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access. Further, Personal information is stored only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected. Data will be de-identified or deleted if no longer needed, unless further storage is required by law.
We have security measures in place to protect the services we provide. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our website stores a number of different cookies on the computer or device that you use to access our website. Cookies are small text files used by browsers to store small bits of information about a device or computer, such as preferred settings or preferred languages.
Cookies do not take up much space (unless you have thousands of them) and cannot contain viruses or other harmful code.
The ICO has categorised all cookies into to 4 classes:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: functionality cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Our Website is designed for users of all ages.
Children must be at least 13 years old in order to receive electronic marketing communications.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, but if you learn we have collected information from your child without your consent, please contact us at the address below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly erase such information from our records.
If you sign up for our newsletter you will be sent e-mails automatically. This newsletter will include news, views and information. You can unsubscribe from these newsletters at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” on the newsletter.
We do not share your information with any third party. From time-to-time we may send you information by e-mail about our goods and services, if we think they are of specific interest to you.
Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data Protection Rights
You, and your legal guardian if you are a minor, may be able to exercise certain data protection rights under applicable law. Your rights under applicable law may include:
- Access to the personal information we process about you as well as the right to data portability,
- The right to have personal information corrected or erased,
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time for consent we have obtained from you, although this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal.
- You have also have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests.
- Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing, including for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes. In that case we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, but only about our ongoing business relations.
To exercise these rights, you should make a request using our contact details set out below. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country of residence.
NAMCO UK LIMITED
37-39 Kew Foot Road